Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break Day 8 - Fayetteville/Stockbridge/Atlanta

So we drove the couple hours from Valdosta to Fayetteville yesterday stopping a couple times for food and gas and even once to turn around because we passed our exit. We eventually made it though. No worries. Not long after I arrived, I called Justin who seemed excited to hear from me. I apparently didn't scare him off :) We made plans to hang out later that night because his friend was having a party which turned into us going to a friend's surprise party. Justin calls me back at about 7 30 and I make my preparations to leave. On the road at 8.

It's late and dark. I'm tired. So I set out for an adventure. I'm not really sure about where I'm going but I have handy Mapquest to guide me. I didn't get lost once going to where Justin was but apparently I was misinformed about where to go so they had to come and get me. We went back to Philip's place and everyone, Philip, Justin, Megan and Austin, was complaining about not having alcohol... High schoolers... I wasn't really planning on drinking anyways so I just chose to be the designated driver. We have to stop my Megan's house to pick up something and right before we get there we hear of tornadoes in downtown Atlanta - close to where we're going. So everyone calls their parents, half jokingly but definitely with a serious intent, to tell them we love them. The storm dies before we get to Atlanta but right before we get to the party we almost die of other reasons.

I'm turning left at a minimal sight distance spot. Well, from what I can tell it's clear so I go as fast as I can. The car coming at me was seemingly thinking, "Let's go as fast as I can as well." Screaming ensues and I floor it. Luckily there wasn't a car in the lane I was turning into. All was well in the end.

The party was alright. I saw a lot of my old friends from all over. Apparently I'm not hated as much as I thought. Or everyone is really fake but I don't believe that. Austin had to leave early so it took us about thirty minutes to drag Justin and Philip out the door. Long story short -- Justin was pretty much all over me not wanting to leave, he's going to stay with Austin because Justin has to be up early, Justin and I make out and say our good-byes, I have to drive back to Emily's house at 1 45 in the morning, got lost a couple of times and took a few wrong turns, made it back at 2 30, sleep. What a fun night...

No comments: