Friday, December 25, 2009

The Meaning of Christmas - Day 9

Sleeping in didn't really happen as I had half expected. I am glad I put my phone on silent because by 9am I already had texts from friends. The family came a lot earlier than expected. They showed up around 10:15am instead of 11:30am like anticipated so I hid in my room until about 11am. All of the children had on cute little Christmas attire but they were still just as demonic as ever.

We ate dinner around 1pm and my awesome gingerbread house was used as the centerpiece. :) After that all Nick (10 year old) wanted to do was play the Wii so he was bugging everyone about going and getting it. Yet again, I was conned into going to get it. It was hooked up and we all just kind of sat around and watched him play or clean up. I definitely would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so exhausted. My mom, aunt, grandpa, and I said our goodbyes around 3pm and left soon after.

Grandpa gave us all money for Christmas when we got back (I got $100) and immediately after I passed the ef out on the couch. Everyone else just kind of sat around and talked and reminisced about the past until dinner. After we ate the leftover ham from lunch we sat around and played cards for a couple of hours. It was a pretty nice bonding moment. We played Spades (guys won), then Hearts (I won), then Spades again (girls won). It's pretty difficult to switch between those two games.

I will certainly miss my family. I'll miss Texas. Overall, this week has been pretty good even though I've complained nonstop. But I am definitely glad to be returning home tomorrow.

No comments: