Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Land of San An - Day 7

Today was pretty eventful. Not long after I woke up we went straight into the city. My mom and aunt wanted to go to The San Antonio Children's Museum to see the gingerbread houses. Let me tell you, it was just that. We walk in and there are children playing everywhere (they even had a mini grocery for children to play in - check out counters and all). So, we go in and ask about the gingerbread houses and say that's all we wanted to see. They didn't even make us pay and I think it's because we didn't have any children. The houses were all pretty awesome! There is some architecture/engineering school close by and the students were told last minute what they had to do. It only took about 10 minutes to view and since we thought it would take a whole lot longer we had to find other things to do...

Next, we walked to the Alamo. I guess it was pretty interesting. We didn't really do anything but take a few pictures and walk into the gift shop. I felt like we were kind of cheating the Alamo... but we did give them our money. So, I think that more than makes up for it. After the Alamo, we couldn't think of anything to do so my mom and aunt wanted to go shopping. We went to some Harley-Davidson store then to a Five and Dime on the River Walk. My mom was hungry so we ate on the River Walk at Saltgrass Steak House. I wasn't hungry so I just got a margarita. They didn't even card me :) I love Texas. *note* Apparently Texas law states that over 18 can drink legally with a parent present...

Running out of things to do, we looked up and saw The Tower of the Americas and decided to go up in it. We didn't really know how to get there so I just kind of led because you can see the tower from all over the city. I kind of took us the long way so we pretty much walked around the whole city but my mom was just taking pictures of everything and my aunt was complaining about not being able to breathe so someone had to take charge... The tower was pretty cool. We went up, walked around, saw the whole city, went back down, then spent even more money in the gift shop. We've spent so much money on this trip on gifts (I've gotten so many for my friends! [my mom actually paid for them...]) We went home after that and didn't really do much else for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow, I think we are finally doing nothing. And by finally I mean dreadfully. When we don't do anything it is incredibly boring. I think we're staying with Andrew tomorrow night since that is where we are doing Christmas. I think we might have finally decided to leave on Saturday but my uncle's wife wants to take the adults, me included (!!), to her favorite restaurant on the River Walk. I'd still rather go home. I think too much. Nobody really tells me anything. All of this is just kind of what I overhear. Only 8 more days until New Year's!!

No comments: