Saturday, December 19, 2009

Something to Do - Day 3

Well, I didn’t go hunting. Who is surprised? Not meeeee. I thought going hunting would involve me, my grandfather and some older guy named Andrew. Turns out Andrew is my 26 (?) year old uncle that I’ve met before but don’t really remember. *side note* He’s quite attractive. So if any single ladies want to marry into my family… Anyways, it was very cold this morning and I was incredibly tired so I’m kind of glad I didn’t go. At about 9am everyone congregated in the livingroom aka my bedroom. And it’s not like I was trying to sleep or anything. I was forced to get up and converse with my family. Chatting with my mom or aunt doesn’t really involve me talking at all. Both of them know everything about me so they answer for me. But enough about them.

There are animals right outside of where I’m staying: two large horse-dogs, an actual horse, a donkey, and some cows. I want to pet the horse really bad but it won’t come to me! I swear we’re going to fight. Every time I go out there and call for the animals they just look. That’s all.

We (me, mom, aunt, Andrew) went to Wal-Mart today for something to do. We’re staying in Jourdanton so we had to drive 3 miles down the road to the thriving metropolis of Pleasanton for Wal-Mart. It was fun I guess. My mom and aunt kind of separated from me and Andrew so I had a chance to talk to him. We made the Wal-Mart lap three times before we met back up with my mom. (I didn’t see a single black person. Welcome to Texas) Andrew’s a pretty cool guy. It turns out we are having Christmas at his place. He wants to make his place more Christmassy; I’ll probably end up helping him with that. And starting tomorrow I’ll be staying with him because it’s closer to everything we want to do while we’re here.

This evening we went to the San Antonio River Walk. I have fallen in love with San Antonio, plain and simple. There were so many people! The river was very beautiful (ok… the water was actually quite ugly) and all of the trees had lots of colored lights on them. It just seems like there is always something to do. If I can’t live in NYC then I’m convinced San Antonio will be a close second. I’m not really sure what is in store for tomorrow. My mom and aunt have to go look at a building that they are going to receive/purchase/something maybe for free that they want to turn into a restaurant/bar/something. Doubt I will be attending but we shall see.

No comments: