Friday, April 15, 2016

Welcome Back

Oh, hey.

It's been about four years but I think I may start this up again. I'd love to go back and fill in the pieces I've missed but I don't think it would be as authentic or genuine since I likely don't remember and would flub details. Also, I just moved cross-country so it seems like a fitting time to start writing about my new adventures. So, let's talk about how I got here.

I left NYC on Tuesday and moved to El Centro, CA yesterday. I was in NYC via DC via Miami. Tuesday before I left, I had breakfast with my good friend Stacey (we went to grad school together). After, I had second breakfast with my former roommate (Ana) and her boyfriend (Graham). We watched some Parks and Rec and I finished packing. Then I got into a Lyft, went to the airport and flew to Dallas. Exciting.

My current roommate's (Angelica/Gel) parents live in Dallas and, since she was in training in Georgia, all of her stuff was there. So, I met her in Dallas so we could drive all her stuff (and us I guess) to CA. It's was as exciting as an 18 hour drive sounds. We left at 2pm CST and arrived at 9am PST. So, with stops and everything, our 18 hour drive was 21 hours. It wasn't all terrible. I tried to take some pics but most of the trip was in the dark. We passed these huge windmill farms, an oil refinery, and lots of solar panels. I saw the sunset and the sunrise. I think I slept for a total of 3 hours. It was exhausting.

We get to El Centro (EC) and unpack all her stuff and we are both nearly dead and so we try to nap. Didn't last long because some contractors arrived and then Gel's brother (Mikael) came. So, we all hung out and went grocery shopping. Soon after Gel's girlfriend (Ashley) came and we drank and watched TV. We decided to play games but, since we didn't have any, Mikael and I were tasked with going to Target and getting some. We stopped at Gamestop first but my gaming systems aren't here yet so we thought it pointless. Then we went next door to Coldstone and shared some ice cream. Next door to Target was a 99 cent store so we went there instead. Ended up buying a lot more than a deck of cards but it was all hella cheap so who cares. And Mikael ended up paying for the ice cream and the other stuff anyways. He has a crazy big butt.

We get back with the cards and drink more and play drinking games. Ashley and Gel went to bed early but Mikael and I stayed up watching Netflix. It was barely 10pm and we weren't ready for bed yet so we decided to see what EC nightlife has to offer. Spoiler alert: not much. We got into an Uber and went to some bar that was inside a Denny's/hotel. We played some pool and drank a bit. My lack of sleep was finally catching up and I was a bit delirious. Then we went to Denny's (OMG I'M SO HUNGRY AND I JUST REMEMBERED I HAVE FOOD FROM LAST NIGHT.) and finally came home. Now I'm up fairly early because I guess I'm still on East Coast time. But my stuff arrives today! I can play video games!!

Now you're all caught up.

tl;dr - I moved from NYC to El Centro, CA.

No comments: