Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oh, WACAC

Short story long, my friend William who is from Maine but who just graduated from Clark University and spends every summer in LA/Fresno is moving to Fresno was well moving to Fresno... How awkward of me... Anyways, he was going to visit me in LA as a pit stop before he continued on to Fresno. He has lots of cousins in the area so no, he wasn't coming solely to visit me. It was just convenient. Apparently a lot of people thought otherwise and it caused a lot of confusion. His younger sister was helping him move to Fresno and also visiting for two weeks. This is where the fun begins. Note: I use the term fun loosely.

It was a pain to try and tell William where I lived and that's all I'll say about that. He already was having a bad day since he just flew in, his tires were messed up from shipping his car, he nearly lost his keys, he wasn't raptured. Pretty depressing stuff. So, he gets to my place and I tell him that Andi (another intern) is cooking a big dinner for some other interns and her friends and I've already paid for him to go and afterwards there is Grease sing-a-long. (!!!! More on this later) He was totally down for the idea. We're just hanging out, getting ready until it's time for dinner. We go and eat some amazing pasta and then on our way to Grease he tells me that his sister really wants to do all of these things in the city and that they don't think they will have time to do them if they go to Grease. Bitch bettah recognize I'm not missing Grease. We decide it's best if they just spend time together in the city and when Grease is over they will come back and we'll all go to Weho to party some. Well, I get a text (after about an hour) saying his sister is freaking out about some stupid shit and that they are just going to go to their cousins for the night. Quick back story, I took off of work today so that we could go out last night and have today to do touristy things. Whatever. Not to say he ruined my night and today... but he kind of did. That's all.

Back to Grease. WACAC (not sure what it stands for but it's a conference for high school academic counselors in CA and NV) is currently our only conference in house and we (the glorious four[ious]) got word that they would be having a Grease sing-a-long. Naturally we were going to crash it. After dinner we all head over there and have an amazing time. After having already drunk some dranks, we discover the open bar they set up. Jackpot! We're singing and dancing and having an overall great time. Nilani starts to get a little crazy and says she has to leave or she won't wake up for work in the morning. Mike, being the gentleman that he is, takes her home and Andi and I are left to finish off the movie. It was a perfect evening which later turned into a perfect night. Wink.

Today, my off day, was not an off day. Oh!! But before I talk about work. FIU calls me at 8am basically saying they can offer me an assistantship for the fall. Good bye Peace Corps and hello normal life! So, I go to this meeting at 11am, I'm so bored that I just decide to go into work. I stay until about 3pm. My Zipcard came in today so I can now rent Zipcars and actually drive around. So I did. Ashley and I went to Target, which is connected to a mall. I only had an hour before I had to return the car so I went to Macy's to look for some khaki pants. Blah blah blah my day was boring... Until... (!!) WACAC was having a party!!! I discovered it earlier while I was working and immediately went back to the other interns to tell them we had to go. Just went my night was getting boring, Andi texted me and said that she and Mike were going and that I should go. I did.

The party was hosted by SubLime which, cleverly enough, decorated with green lighting, had an open bar with lime drinks, and catered with lime desserts. It was really fun. They were playing some 70s and 80s music and then they had a live band that played the same. It was a pretty great experience. Overall, I can definitely see why California is the way that it is. These are the counselors that are guiding California's youth. It is no wonder California is in the bottom ten every year. If these past few nights are any indication of what summer is going to be like, this is going to be one fucking epic summer!

No comments: