Sunday, February 7, 2010

Practicum - Day 2

Today was very similar to my first day at the Georgia Center. Since it was a Sunday night there was only one person scheduled to work and he was not expecting my arrival. There was a lot of time spent waiting for something to happen. Occasionally, there would be someone wanting to be picked up/dropped off and my coworker would tend to them while I manned the desk. Alone. I was apprehensive at first but then I realized I would rather be at the desk then driving a large van around. Plus, I was trusted to be left alone so I felt like I could manage. I answered a few phone calls and chatted with waiting clientele but nothing too spectacular. Towards the end of my shift, I took out the recycling, vacuumed, and learned how to polish a cart. All in all it was a pretty relaxing shift.

Today's completed hours: 4
Hours left to complete: 37

No comments: