Monday, June 11, 2012

My Phone Came

And so did I.

I had gone nearly four weeks without a cell phone. Anyone growing up in this day and age can tell you that is an impossibly long time. There had been a slight hiccup, and with international travel... Regardless, my phone is safe and sound in my hands. I have been reconnected to the world.

Not having a phone for so long really got me thinking though. Before phones, conversations had to have been really intentional. You can't just meet a guy or gal, exchange numbers (or add to Facebook), and stay connected that way. If you really liked someone, you must have done every effort to never let them go. If you gave someone your mailing address, I imagine it would still take weeks between each correspondence. I can almost see how being amorous was frowned upon. You wouldn't want that one guy/gal slutting up the whole town preventing people from sending letters.

I am really going to try and be more intentional with my conversations in hopes of finally finding that one. I'm turning to a life of video games to ease up on my sluttiness.

No comments: